The Spanish Sign Language Interpreting Service in Vinjoy Foundation aims to ensure the independent and universal access to the information and communication of Deaf-Blind people and Deaf people who use Sign Language, on equal terms, to all basic social rights, as expressed in Law 27/2007, 23rd October, in which Spanish sign languages are regulated together with the means to support the oral communication of Deaf People, those with a hearing impairment and Deaf-blind persons.
The Service gives an answer to the needs of communication and information of Deaf People, easing the access to information and communication in different community services:
- Administrative services
- Medical services
- Legal-police services
- Labour, formative services
- Informative, Communicative and Institutional Act Services organised by different public administrations and private entities.
The Service ensures universality, free-of-charge, accessibility and quality. And, above all, its aim is for Deaf and Deaf-blind people to reach the highest levels of autonomy and normalization in our Autonomous Community.
Who can ask for the service?
- Deaf and Deaf-blind people
- Professionals belonging to the sanitary, social, educational and community field
- Public and private entities
- Business organizations in the Principality of Asturias